Who knows? You might stumble upon your next dream home!
To get the most out of an open house, follow these guidelines:
- Most open houses will have a handout available containing the list price and other property information. Be sure to keep a copy.
- Don’t just view the rooms. Explore the entire property, including the backyard.
- Don’t be shy about asking the listing agent (or whoever is hosting the open house) questions about the property.
- Ask about the area. Are there schools nearby? Where is the nearest park or playground located?
- Ask about potential required repairs and renovations. For example, if the furnace is more than 15 years old, it may need to be replaced soon.
- Walk around the neighbourhood. Try to get a sense of what it’s like to live there. If possible, chat with a neighbour.
Finally, if you become interested in the home, be sure to advise the listing agent that your own REALTOR® will be following up. Otherwise, the listing agent might assume that he or she will be representing you.
If you or your friends or family are looking to buy or sell, we would be thrilled to help you. It’s what we do. And we have been told we do it very well. Call us! You can reach Rhonda at 416-441-2888 ext 334 or Perry at 416-543-9639.